On this post you will learn how to fix “app not installed” error while downloading FrostWire Plus from outside Google Play. FrostWire Basic and FrostWire Plus are based on the same code, but FrostWire Plus has the ability to download from YouTube and SoundCloud in addition to the BitTorrent Network.
- Backup your FrostWire downloads saved within the SD card to make sure you won’t lose any of your files when uninstalling the app. (Check here how to backup your files downloaded)
- Open your Settings > Application Manager > All and select FrostWire, then click the button “Force stop” and “Uninstall” the app.
- Open your internet browser – Firefox or any browser other than Chrome – on your device and go to http://www.frostwire.com/downloads
- Select the Android icon on the website and then click on the button “Get the APK”
- Open your file manager (like File Commander) and go to the folder “Downloads”
- Select the .apk file downloaded from frostwire.com/downloads (it should be frostwire-android-release-[versionNumber]-b[buildNumber]-plus.apk) and open it with the app “Package Installer”
- Follow the instructions to install the app and let us know if you still get the message “Application not installed” at the end.