Get FrostWire for Android Now
After 4 years of fun and hard work we finally have a version of FrostWire for Android that starts to get close to our vision.
On this release we’ve finally put together a very stable BitTorrent and Cloud Downloader along with a FULL FEATURED music player for your phone/tablet.
What you see below is a graph that shows the number of reported crashes for the past 6 months, look at how it drops dramatically these last couple of weeks after the 1.4.x releases start to come out.
Please keep those reviews coming.
Here are some screenshots of the new music player we’ve included:
New “My Music” section on the main navigation menu.
Now you will be able to browse your music by Album, Artist, Songs, Genre and you will be able to organize your music in Android music Playlists, which should be available on other music player apps, so if you already had some playlists on your android you’ll be able to play them and manage them with FrostWire.
Here’s a full list of the changes on FrostWire 1.4:
FrostWire 1.4.2 - DECEMBER/22/2014
- New: Music Player (forked out of Apollo Player).
- New: Playlist support.
- New: Browse music by Recent, Artists, Albums, Songs, Genres.
- New: Change cover art on Playlists, Songs.
- New: Shuffle All music.
- Torrent/Magnet caching improvements reduce the number of DHT
requests when searching, which makes search result parsing faster
in most cases.
- When sharing files from 3rd party apps with FrostWire, the file
shared will be displayed by FrostWire as available via Wi-Fi sharing.
If the file is a .torrent the torrent transfer will start.
- Not using wifi multicast lock for energy savings.
- 'Preferences' renamed to 'Settings'
- About activity moved out of navigation menu and into Settings screen.
- Audio files can now be set as ringtones from My Files > Audio.
- Settings screen rearrangement.
FrostWire 1.4.1 - DECEMBER/02/2014
- Updated jlibtorrent binaries.
- Resilience to file disk permission errors causing the app to
not start in some environments.
- Improved disk I/O when persisting states of torrent transfers.
- Refactors, Cleanups and other misc. bug fixes.
- Improved user experience on transfer list actions.
- Preferences screen won't automatically kick user to search screen
when BitTorrent connectivity changes.
FrostWire 1.4.0 - NOVEMBER/08/2014
- Replaced Vuze Bittorrent engine for frostwire-jlibtorrent,
a java wrapper to the native libtorrent BitTorrent library.
- Peak memory usage dropped 50% when searching.
- Peak memory usage dropped 16% when downloading torrents.
- Number of threads dropped 41% when searching.
- Number of threads dropped 60% when downloading torrents.
- Peak CPU usage dropped 66% when searching.
- Peak CPU usage dropped 44% when downloading torrents.
- Got rid of over 2,000 classes.
- New Shutdown feature, stops all services and activities,
FrostWire process ends gracefully.
- Upgraded Picasso library to 2.4.0.
- More responsive and stable torrent state handling experience.
- Torrent downloads start faster.
- Torrent downloads connect to more peers.
- Updated German translation.
- Updated Croatian translation.
- Updated Polish translation.
- Updated Spanish translation.
- Updated Russian translation.
- Gets rid of Transcommu.
- Project is now built using gradle script.
- Updated Preferences screen BitTorrent connection status button.
- Fixes severe startup crash on Samsung Galaxy Mini devices.
- Multiple bug fixes and crashes.
Merry Xmas everybody!