“In 1695, aged 67, he wrote Tales and Stories of the Past with Morals, a series of moral tales designed to prompt the reader to reflect on the dilemmas presented to the protagonist, which were well-known from folklore even then.
The volume contained the story now known as Mother Goose, alongside perrenially recognised titles such as Puss in Boots, Blue Beard and Cinderella, and less famous stories Ricky of the Tuft and Little Thumb
The book was enormously successful, and was eventually translated into English in 1729 by Robert Samber.
However, readers may be shocked to discover that Perrault’s original tales have lost much of their grisly detail today.
His version of Little Red Riding Hood, for example, made it more explicitly obvious that the ‘wolf’ is a man intent on preying on young girls who wander alone in woods”.
If you love fairy tales, you must read Charles Perrault stories.
Full Changelog (Updated September/03/2013 at 5:09pm Eastern)
FrostWire 1.1.2 – SEP/03/2013
– Removed offers during installation to comply with new Google Play guidelines.
– New: Stop music playback completely by long pressing the play/pause button.
– New: Audio Player menu now has “Delete this track” feature, get rid of songs
you don’t like on your device next time you come across them and keep playing.
– New: Turn on/off wifi sharing from Wi-Fi sharing screen. Turning off Wi-Fi
sharing results in considerable battery savings since the radio is not being
used constantly to discover and announce to other peers on the local network.
– Sources on search results are now underlined to hint user of sourc checking feature.
– Fixes issues parsing some YouTube urls.
– Fixes soundcloud search.
– Improved memory usage and multiple memory leaks fixes will avoid a multiple
number of crashes due to out of memory errors, specially on older devices
with limited memory availability.
– Fixes issue with double memory allocation related to
first creen’s grid view.
– Fixed some memory leaks related to picasso bitmap
The new FrostWire 5.5.6 (codenamed “Bullet”) has an overhaul of its search architecture now borrowing code from the android version which has been meant to be more efficient in terms of CPU and memory usage for reduced battery consumption and faster response times on less reliable networks. The desktop version now benefits from the mobile development efforts.
By Integrating with The Internet Archive’s search API FrostWire users benefit from having access to the largest online database of public domain and creative commons works of the internet. Over 7 million works are indexed and more are added every day. This release is a dream come true for the FrostWire team, we know users world wide will be empowered by the breadth of content they’ll now have access to thanks to the Internet Archive project.
Chinese and other foreign character support has been improved in the areas of search result display, Library display and media playback hopefully opening up the doors to new markets for file sharing in China and Chinese Mandarin speakers worldwide.
frostwire (5.5.6) stable; urgency=high
* New Feature: Includes search results from archive.org, which indexes
millions of public domain and creative commons works from all over the
* New Feature: playlist songs can be re-ordered with drag and drop.
* New Feature: all songs in a playlist can now be exported to a folder.
* Upgrade: Improved Unicode support for Chinese characters.
* Upgrade: mplayer update for unicode character file playback support.
* Upgrade: Search architecture upgrade for much faster search results.
* Upgrade: Considerably faster mp3,mp4 parsing in the library, creating
playlists is now faster than ever.
* Upgrade: New more explicit Wi-Fi sharing icons.
* Upgrade: Updated radio station database.
* Upgrade: up to 20% faster listing of files in the Library.
* Upgrade: Video player upgrades for better experience.
* Bug fix: screen-saver no longer kicks in during video playback.
* Bug fix: UPnP Wi-Fi sharing discovery consumes 84% less CPU on
congested local networks. Fixing reported slowdowns and reducing
considerable power consumption for laptop users.
* Bug fix: X11 related error fix.
* Bug fix: Number of files being shared includes the number of torrents
* Bug fix: Library search issues related to unicode characters.
* Bug fix: Multiple null pointer exceptions and crashes fixed.
* Bug fix: Fixed rendering issue related to wrong parsing of bitrate
string data. * Upgrade: (Developers) ant compilation scripts cleanup. * Upgrade: (Developers) use of ‘frostwire-commons’ repository to share common code between FrostWire for Android and Desktop projects.
— FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Mon, 22 Apr 2013 05:58:00 -0500