Download FrostWire 6.2.4 now
Today is MusicMonday and we are so happy to announce the newest version of FrostWire for Windows, Mac and Linux!
This new release has a lot of fixes. Monova, EZTV, and YouTube search have been fixed and now you’re going to get more search results!
Also, we updated jlibtorrent, and FrostWire is now faster when you search for content and decoding.
frostwire (6.2.4) stable; urgency=high
* Fixes Monova search.
* Fixes EZTV search.
* Fixes YouTube search.
* Fixes bug opening certain YT preview URLs.
* New jlibtorrent 184.108.40.206 with SSL security updates
and libtorrent 1.1 release.
* jlibtorrent: multithreaded disk i/o and hashing.
* jlibtorrent: more efficient alert allocation.
* jlibtorrent: experimental support for mutable torrents (BEP 38).
* jlibtorrent: 5x faster torrent bcoder/bdecoder.
* jlibtorrent: improved shutdown.
* jlibtorrent: SSL over uTP supported.
* jlibtorrent: countless scalability updates, seed tens of thousands of torrents, if not hundreds of thousands of torrents in a single jlibtorrent
— FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Fri, 15 Apr 2016 16:20:00 -0500
What is FrostWire?
FrostWire, a BitTorrent Client & YouTube Downloader that makes it easier to search, download, play and share content from the BitTorrent network & cloud sources, all in one place, announced today its new ‘preview’ and ‘play as you download’ capabilities for Android phones and tablets. The new preview feature not just enables users with a more convenient way to find and discover content, it makes downloading optional in some cases.
The Release Candidate for FrostWire 6.1.6 (Desktop) is now available for download.
Try FrostWire 6.1.6 before it comes out to the main public.
You can download the Windows installer, the Mac installer, or the source code.
Remember that a Release Candidate means that is almost done, but we want to test it a lot first. So if you want to help us, you can test it today!
Think you’ve found a bug? Please report it!
frostwire (6.1.6) stable; urgency=high
* Fixes drag and drop freezes introduced by new Java Runtime Environment 1.8.0_60.
* Fixes SoundCloud search.
* Fixes TPB search.
* Fixes BTJunkie search.
* Fixes TorLock search.
* Updates to Spanish and Romanian translations.
* Chat button on header moved to Tools menu. More space for search bar.
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Nov, 04 Sep 2015 15:40:00 -0500
Download FrostWire 6.1.3 now absolutely free
Lots of fixes under the hood for this release, we’ve also made sure this release was compatible with Windows 10 (but if you have any issues on Windows 10 please let us know).
Substantial changes on the way our bittorrent engine works, which allowed us to simplify seeding settings, and the no more the possibility of file parts staying in your download directory when you didn’t want this.
Users who had issues with external drives to save downloaded files should be glad with this release.
Soundcloud search & download has been restored with Soundcloud’s API updates.
frostwire (6.1.3) stable; urgency=high
* libtorrent/jlibtorrent core update.
* Archive.org downloads are pausable/resumable.
* Soundcloud search & download API update.
* Hungarian translation update.
* Simplified seeding settings. No more need to treat handpicked/partial
downloads differently with jlibtorrent updates.
* Fixes crash when setting default save folder to the root
of a drive.
-- FrostWire Team Wed, 29 Jul 2015 10:04:32 -0500
DOWNLOAD NOW, it’s free.
Got stickers yet?
TAG and let let others know there’s a near by FrostWire Wi-Fi sharing area.
What we fixed on 5.5.1:
frostwire (5.5.1) stable; urgency=high
* New Clear Inactive button on transfers.
* New setting to use the default system media player instead of
* New Download Cloud URLs, Torrents and Magnets by entering
urls on the search field.
* New toggle full screen video playback with double click.
* Enhancement: Library file tables now show file modified date field and
files are sorted by it in descending order so user can easily find
newest files added to the library.
* Enhancement: Playlist tables now show the track number column and
are by default sorted by it in ascending order to enjoy
albums in the order they were meant to be heard by the content
* Enhancement: mime type guessing is faster when sharing files on Wi-Fi
* Bug fix: Library was getting confused with file extensions as part of file names.
* Bug fix: sharing/unsharing popup menu behavior while sharing on Wi-Fi
* Bug fix: resizing issues on preview download dialogs.
* Bug fix: filtering on torrent detail dialog was broken.
* Bug fix: Library continuous playback working from play button.
* Bug fix: Cloud download error fixed.
* Bug fix: Media lib unicode issue.
-- FrostWire Team Mon, 10 Dec 2012 20:00:00 -0500