Happy Thursday! Today we’re glad to announce FrostWire 1.9.8. for Android. This is one of our major releases of this year being that includes new features that will make your experience a lot better. If you want to download torrents or files in a more precise way you need to download this release!
First of all, FrostWire for Android now have search filtering tools. What is that? Search Filtering Tools allows you to get better search results. After you do a search you can filter it (by keyword, source, file extension,etc) in order to get more accurate results.
How to use Search Filtering Tools?
- Open FrostWire 1.9.8+ and do a search.
- Then, click on the menu bottom on the right. You will see different options for filter results. For example, you can filter by a manually entered keyword, or an automatically detected prominent search source.
- You can also filter by sources / channels, file extensions, or/and file names.
As you apply filters, the results in the background will be reduce to match all of the filters you’ve specified and less suggestions are automatically calculated.
By default the filters you apply are inclusive (+), if you touch an applied filter it will switch from inclusive (-), to exclusive (-), meaning it will check for results that do not have such keyword in its metadata.
On the other hand, we improved VPN detection and services. FrostWire will block bittorrent connection if you have a VPN and you are not using it. In this manner, your privacy will be protected! If you don’t have a VPN, we strongly recoomend you to install it!
If you love to have an app with a fresh and cool design you will be happy to see that we updated the user interface.
Finally, now you will have the option to see “Last Added” for each song on the music player.
FrostWire 1.9.8 – JUL/25/2017
– More robust app startup
– New search filtering tools
– New jlibtorrent 22.214.171.124-RC2
– Improved VPN detection
– BitTorrent connection recovers when VPN service goes off and VPN protection off
– Library updates: kotlin 1.1.3, gms 11.0.2, MoPub 4.15
– UI-refresh: Transfer list items, drawable cleanup, My Music list items,
removed double divider in search result list item, added missing new line
to grid base
– Fixed memory leaks and runnaway threadpools causing out of memory errors
– Translations updated (Finnish, Greek, Danish, Czech, Italian, Arabic, French,
Portuguese, Spanish, Hindi, Croatian, Indonesian, Hebrew, Korean, Japanese,
Russian, Slovak, Romanian, Serbian, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukranian)
– ogury 2.1.11
– Music player ‘Last Added’ now shows album cover art for each song
– Fixes possible music player freezes
– YT search fixed
– Less ads
What is FrostWire?
FrostWire is a free, open source BitTorrent client first released in September 2004, as a fork of LimeWire. It was initially very similar to LimeWire in appearance and functionality, but over time developers added more features, including support for the BitTorrent protocol and a full blown media player.