Happy Monday! Please download our latest release of FrostWire Plus for Android. It fixes an important bug which was causing crashes.
FrostWire 1.9.9 build 459 – OCT/23/2017
– App Startup is faster
– Multiple freezes fixed, memory leaks fixed, crashes fixed
– Android Jelly-Bean (<4.4) support dropped, minSdkVersion=19
– Library updates: jlibtorrent 22.214.171.124-RC10, gms 11.4.2, mopub 4.17.0, flexbox 0.3.1, applovin 7.3.2, presage 2.2.2
– Image viewer can now go to next and previous pictures with fling gesture
– Update system refactor, cleanup, updates shown on nav menu
– New Afrikaans translation
– Transfer screen on rotation would not keep last tab selected
What is FrostWire?
FrostWire is a free, open source BitTorrent client first released in September 2004, as a fork of LimeWire. It was initially very similar to LimeWire in appearance and functionality, but over time developers added more features, including support for the BitTorrent protocol and a full blown media player.
A new version of FrostWire Plus for Android (1.7.6) is ready for download! If you have been experienced problems having YouTube search results, update right now to the latest version of FrostWire! Download now!
FrostWire 1.7.6 – JUN/29/2016
– Fixes YT search issues
– New jlibtorrent 126.96.36.199
– Fixes bug where torrent picker dialog would keep reappearing
– Improves shutdown and ad display logic
– Crash fixes
– applovin 6.2.4
What is FrostWire?
FrostWire, a BitTorrent Client & YouTube Downloader that makes it easier to search, download, play and share content from the BitTorrent network & cloud sources, all in one place, announced today its new ‘preview’ and ‘play as you download’ capabilities for Android phones and tablets. The new preview feature not just enables users with a more convenient way to find and discover content, it makes downloading optional in some cases.
If you have any question, please leave a comment!
Get FrostWire for Android Now
Get FrostWire for Kindle Now
Get specific binaries for your CPU architecture on Github
(arm, arm64, x86, x86_64 mips, mips64 .apks available)
Lots of fixes for performance, stability and better user experience await on this new update. If you were having issues with YouTube search this release fixes these issues and others.
Here is the full changelog for FrostWire 1.4.4 build 168 for Android.
FrostWire 1.4.4 - JANUARY/29/2015
- Finished transfers no longer should show as paused.
- Fixes issue adding a whole torrent after having added a single
file belonging to that same torrent to transfers. Now the whole
torrent will be downloaded as expected.
- Fixes Out of memory errors on MobileCore library.
- Fixes possible crash when exiting the app right after launching it.
- If storage location has ran out of space available FrostWire
will show a descriptive error message explaining why the download
- Removes free apps ads from home page and sticky ads on transfer screens.
- Fixes issue where toast about shared file would not go away.
- Fixes settings screen issue where some android devices would automatically
toggle the BitTorrent connection.
- Fixes issues with YouTube search.
- Urdu translation started.
FrostWire is a free, open source BitTorrent client first released in September 2004, as a fork of LimeWire. It was initially very similar to LimeWire in appearance and functionality, but over time developers added more features, including BitTorrent support. In version 5, Gnutella support was dropped entirely, and FrostWire is only a BitTorrent client. Development of the program has been active since the program was first released in September 2004.