Happy Monday! Please download our latest release of FrostWire Plus for Android. It fixes an important bug which was causing crashes.
FrostWire 1.9.9 build 459 – OCT/23/2017
– App Startup is faster
– Multiple freezes fixed, memory leaks fixed, crashes fixed
– Android Jelly-Bean (<4.4) support dropped, minSdkVersion=19
– Library updates: jlibtorrent 22.214.171.124-RC10, gms 11.4.2, mopub 4.17.0, flexbox 0.3.1, applovin 7.3.2, presage 2.2.2
– Image viewer can now go to next and previous pictures with fling gesture
– Update system refactor, cleanup, updates shown on nav menu
– New Afrikaans translation
– Transfer screen on rotation would not keep last tab selected
What is FrostWire?
FrostWire is a free, open source BitTorrent client first released in September 2004, as a fork of LimeWire. It was initially very similar to LimeWire in appearance and functionality, but over time developers added more features, including support for the BitTorrent protocol and a full blown media player.
We noticed a lot of people thought the previous icon meant “Setting results” which didn’t make much sense.
Now You will be able to see this new icon on the search page, and my file screen on our next Android release.
We want your feedback! If you think that FrostWire needs any feature or any change, please let us know!
This new release has a lot of fixes (EZTV, BtJunkie search, torrents issues, crash on audio player), also we upgraded Picasso library for image caching and did a significant update to the jlibtorrent library that improves memory handling and avoids a DDoS attack on the network.
The update is currently being rolled out in stages to a small percentage of users on Google Play so that we can fix any newly introduced bug without impacting the majority of users.
If you feel like you can handle it you can download the installers of build 202 and SourceCode on GitHub for both FrostWire Plus and FrostWire Basic on github.com
FrostWire 1.6.3 - SEPTEMBER/06/2015
- Upgraded Picasso library for image caching.
- Code/library cleanup.
- New 'Remove Torrent and Data' action on finished torrent transfers.
- Clicked search results are marked as visited and remembered during session.
- jlibtorrent update 126.96.36.199, rebuilt with new swig library, memory optimizations, crashes fixed.
- Fixes EZTV, BtJunkie search.
- Fixes issue where torrent downloads would start on 3g/4g disregarding setting.
- Multiple crash fixes on audio player.
What Is FrostWire?
FrostWire is the only BitTorrent Client and YouTube Downloader for both desktop and Android, featuring built in torrent & cloud search, preview functionality and integrated media player. For artists looking to share their content and consumers looking to access new content, FrostWire’s software is an easy-to-use gateway to the world of torrents, file-sharing and peer-to-peer content distribution.
Featuring a BitTorrent client, YouTube and SoundCloud downloader & Music Player, FrostWire is available as a desktop client or an Android application.
The fully featured FrostWire Plus app, is available for a free download at the official website frostwire.com/android
The FrostWire Basic app available on Google Play is mainly a BitTorrent Client and does not provide YouTube and SoundCloud support due to Google’s Developer Terms of Service.
Thanks to our jlibtorrent library, a multitude of crash reports sent by you and a lot of personal feedback loops, our developer team has managed to produce the most stable FrostWire for Android release so far.
We’ll always have crashes, but our quality has improved dramatically with the jlibtorrent library. As you can see the graphic below, during these last weeks even though we have more users using the app daily the number of crashes reported has been kept to a minimum and every day we fix the new crashes that come in.
number of daily crash reports since August 2014
Featured image licensed under CC0 Public Domain
Created by savanzijlstra0
FrostWire for Android 1.1.2 build 98 is now available for beta testers via Google Play.
Download it now on Google Play
NOTE: You must be part of The FrostWire for Android Beta Testers Group, or a member of The Pirate Bay Google+ Community to be able to download the beta from Google Play
Full Changelog (Updated September/03/2013 at 5:09pm Eastern)
FrostWire 1.1.2 – SEP/03/2013
– Removed offers during installation to comply with new Google Play guidelines.
– New: Stop music playback completely by long pressing the play/pause button.
– New: Audio Player menu now has “Delete this track” feature, get rid of songs
you don’t like on your device next time you come across them and keep playing.
– New: Turn on/off wifi sharing from Wi-Fi sharing screen. Turning off Wi-Fi
sharing results in considerable battery savings since the radio is not being
used constantly to discover and announce to other peers on the local network.
– Sources on search results are now underlined to hint user of sourc checking feature.
– Fixes issues parsing some YouTube urls.
– Fixes soundcloud search.
– Improved memory usage and multiple memory leaks fixes will avoid a multiple
number of crashes due to out of memory errors, specially on older devices
with limited memory availability.
– Fixes issue with double memory allocation related to
first creen’s grid view.
– Fixed some memory leaks related to picasso bitmap
Learn the core functionality of FrostWire for Android, the first Mobile P2P Filesharing App on Earth.