We can proudly say this is the leanest, and fastest FrostWire release we’ve ever made, and we’re only getting started with the performance improvements.
Download it now for free from the Official FrostWire Website:
The most fundamental upgrade about the 6.x series is the complete removal of the Azureus Torrent engine, we’ve replaced it with frostwire-jlibtorrent, a Java wrapper of the powerful libtorrent library.
Having Libtorrent under the hood will allow us to continue working on the enablement of advanced features for expert BitTorrent users.
We’d like to invite everyone out there to benchmark FrostWire 5.7.7 against FrostWire 6.0.0 and let us know what they find, we’d love to make FrostWire 6 superior in every respect to the FrostWire 5 series.
Contributors are needed to keep moving the project forward at a faster face, we are now converting donations received into bitcoins which are deposited into a “Tip for commit” fund. All the contributions accepted into the project automatically trigger tips to the authors in bitcoins.
Anybody can help, you don’t need a bank account, or paypal account to receive your tips, all you need is a free Bitcoin wallet which is software you can download to your smartphone or PC, tips are effective immediatly after contributions are merged to the frostwire-desktop, frostwire-common, frostwire-jlibtorrent, and frostwire-android projects.
frostwire (6.0.0) stable; urgency=high
- New BitTorrent engine based on frostwire-jlibtorrent, a libtorrent wrapper api created by FrostWire.
- Fixes EzTV search, now with https support.
- Multiple bug fixes.
- Improved OS event handling in MacOSX.
- Extensive cleanup.
- Fixes issues opening .torrents and magnets outside of FrostWire.
- Icons, buttons and other user interface details refreshed.
- Russian translation updates. Thanks @X-NicON.
- Croatian translation updates. Thanks @win32re, @darthxjanus.
- Polish translation updates. Thanks @nalesnikld, @paulinka.
- Simplified Chinese translation updates. Thanks @eudaemon01.
- German translation updates. Thanks @paulinka.
— FrostWire Team email@example.com Mon, 10 November 2014 18:18:00 -0500