Download FrostWire 6.1.3 now absolutely free
Lots of fixes under the hood for this release, we’ve also made sure this release was compatible with Windows 10 (but if you have any issues on Windows 10 please let us know).
Substantial changes on the way our bittorrent engine works, which allowed us to simplify seeding settings, and the no more the possibility of file parts staying in your download directory when you didn’t want this.
Users who had issues with external drives to save downloaded files should be glad with this release.
Soundcloud search & download has been restored with Soundcloud’s API updates.
frostwire (6.1.3) stable; urgency=high
* libtorrent/jlibtorrent core update.
* Archive.org downloads are pausable/resumable.
* Soundcloud search & download API update.
* Hungarian translation update.
* Simplified seeding settings. No more need to treat handpicked/partial
downloads differently with jlibtorrent updates.
* Fixes crash when setting default save folder to the root
of a drive.
-- FrostWire Team Wed, 29 Jul 2015 10:04:32 -0500
Download FrostWire 6.0.5 now
frostwire (6.0.5) stable; urgency=high
* Fixes out of memory crash and freeze when importing lots of songs from the FrostWire
library to iTunes.
* Removed Litecoin and Dogecoin from torrent creation dialog, Bitcoin and payment
urls only. Litecoin and Dogecoin are pretty much dead compared to Bitcoin.
* Remove Download and Data now enabled for http downloads too.
* Fixes possible errors for SoundCloud downloads.
* Updates on Hungarian and Romanian translations.
* Fixes YT search issues.
* New mplayer binaries with HTTPS support.
-- FrostWire Team Wed, 28 January 2015 14:18:12 -0500
FrostWire is a free, open source BitTorrent client first released in September 2004, as a fork of LimeWire. It was initially very similar to LimeWire in appearance and functionality, but over time developers added more features, including BitTorrent support. In version 5, Gnutella support was dropped entirely, and FrostWire is only a BitTorrent client. Development of the program has been active since the program was first released in September 2004.
We’ve finally solved the incompatibility issues with MacOSX Yosemite, we didn’t want to wait for FrostWire 5.7.5 to be finished to give you the chance to use FrostWire today on Yosemite.
Download MacOSX Yosemite Compatible FrostWire 5.7.4
One great plus, is that now FrostWire is Retina-display compatible, so no more visual torture for those of you with retina display when using FrostWire.
Download FrostWire 4.17.2 for MacOSX
This release for MacOSX includes some of the fixes added to Windows 4.17.2 release but it’s aimed mostly to solve some incompatibilities found on the new Macbooks and Macbook PROs.
Some Mac users had reported that FrostWire 4.17.1 would not start , we revised the previous launcher and fixed possible errors and updated the Mac OSX native libraries for improved Leopard compatibility. Also FrostWire will now refuse to be executed from the Disk Image (DMG), teaching some newly mac-converted users how they should install the application.