Download it now, absolutely free
Huge huge huge improvements in search performance
If there’s a file indexed by a torrent, no matter how rare it is, it should be able to find it for you.
Not only that, search results for individual files (indexed inside torrent) arrive noticeably faster.
New: Internet Radio
Added new Internet Radio support on the Library tab.
FrostWire is pre-loaded with nearly 600 radio stations out of the box, you can add new stations, bookmark them and sort them by name, url, bit rate, audio file format, and more.
*User Experience Improvements*
We listened to all your user experience complains, being the most important one finding out where your finished downloads were going.
Now when you finish a transfer, you can just double click on it, and all the files downloaded will be shown on the Library tab.
If a transfer contains audio files, you can select it (along with other transfer that also contain audio files) and with the context menu you can send all the included audio files straight to a new playlist or an existing playlist on the library.
Become a beta tester
Thanks to the beta tester community for the patience and a big applause for the developer team, I think this is truly the best release ever.
You can join the beta testing community here.
Follow @FrostWire on Twitter for live updates.
frostwire (5.2.11) stable; urgency=high
* Fixes bugs where some BitTorrent configuration settings were reset
— FrostWire Team Mon, 28 Nov 2011 16:58:31 -0500
frostwire (5.2.10) stable; urgency=high
* Upload ratios will not be enforced to 30% of downloads anymore.
Users will have free will to set the upload ratio of their preference.
* Update autodownload now supported for mac.
* Updates can now be distributed via both BitTorrent and HTTP.
* HttpFetcher improvements for less resource consumption.
* HttpFetcher now supports large HTTP file downlods (progressive download).
* Improvements to Send File to a friend.
* Fixes bug where some finished Downloads wouldn’t “Show in Library”
* Bug report system revised.
— FrostWire Team Mon, 22 Nov 2011 16:34:04 -0500
frostwire (5.2.9) stable; urgency=high
* Enhancement: Lucene full text indexing for Smart Search database to
allow for fuzzy searches.
* Enhancement: Lucene full text indexing for Library database allows
better search results on Radio search and playlist search.
* Enhancement: Audio player will start playing currently selected audio
source if it’s on a stopped state.
* Bug Fix: Finished Downloads shows only finished downloads.
— FrostWire Team Wed, 9 Nov 2011 12:11:10 -0500
frostwire (5.2.8) stable; urgency=high
* Smart search updates uses less DHT resources and fixes logic bugs
that results into faster and better search results.
* New Internet Radio functionality on the Library. Play, Add, Remove
and bookmark your favorite Internet Radio Stations.
* Book/Document search now crawls for .cbr, .cbz, .cb7, .cbt and .cba
* New “Show in Library” action for finished transfers. It is now the
default action when a finished transfer has been double clicked.
* Clicking on the currently played audio control should always take
the user to the currently played audio file.
* Top Library tree nodes re-arranged.
* When downloading a single partial file, the transfer manager shows
the proper icon based on the file type of the file being downloaded.
* Add partial downloads, and multiple transfers that contain audio files
to playlists right from the transfer manager.
* The library can now be configured to scan any folder the user desires.
* Files can be added to playlists right out of search results.
* New explore action button on the Library tab.
* New send to friend action button on the Library tab.
* Faster loading of Finished Downloads.
* Library search behaves as expected for all kinds of searches.
* A lot of bug fixes.
— FrostWire Team Mon, 7 Nov 2011 17:02:29 -0500
frostwire (5.2.3) stable; urgency=high
* Change the order of an audio file on playlist with drag and drop.
* Change the order of multiple audio files on a playlist with drag and drop.
* Drop audio files and folders at a specific position inside a playlist.
* Remembers the column and order you last set on the transfer manager
* Remembers the last file type you searched for after restart.
* New FrostWire icon compatible with Ubuntu 11.10
* Bug fix, now if you’re playing a song and you resort the playlist by
any of the columns, the next song to be played will be the one below
the current song in the new order.
* Searching inside “Finished Downloads” now yields folder names as search
* Fixes lingering popup menu issue.
* Fixed DNS query issue affecting Linux.
— FrostWire Team Thu, 20 Oct 2011 17:42:08 -0500
frostwire (5.2.2) stable; urgency=high
* Library tables are now cached in memory, searches are done in the cache
speeding up the experience considerably for users with several thousand
* Create or add audio files to a playlist right from the Transfer manager.
* iTunes importing after audio transfers finish turned off by default.
* Completed transfers that contain at least one audio file can be sent
to iTunes from the Transfer manager.
* Audio status component recognizes an Audio Stream, from an Audio file
from an internet stream url. Clicking on it will take you to the
Android Tab if it’s an android stream or to the Library otherwise.
* Fixes issues with download mediator refresh.
* Fixes out of memory error.
* Real time UI feedback as audio files are being imported into playlist.
* F5, Cmd+R or Ctrl+R will refresh the current Library table.
— FrostWire Team Mon, 10 Oct 2011 18:03:10 -0500
frostwire (5.2.1) stable; urgency=high
* Play/Pause player buttons now share the same button depending on state.
* Mac OSX threading bug when importing .m3u playlist to new playlist fixed.
* Pressing space bar pauses/resumes currently played audio.
* Playlist files can be sorted correctly by track number when available.
* FLAC playback support.
* When a playlist has finished importing files, it’s shown to the user.
* Transfer manager remembers the position of its JSplitPane.
* Transfer manager sorts downloads by default based on their creation date.
* Transfer manager has new column “Started On” showing the date the transfer
* Drag and drop issues on playlist component for Mac OSX fixed.
* Partial download dialog table can adjust column widths, a horizontal
scrollbar will appear if the sum of the columns is wider than the dialog.
* When playing an audio file, if it gets deleted FROM DISK from inside
FrostWire, the audio file will stop playing.
* Files can be dragged to the “Starred” playlist and they will be marked
as starred. If files are dragged from Disk, creating a new playlist
will be offered, and all the elements on the playlist will be starred.
* Files can be deleted from the “Starred” playlist. This will cause the
files to be unstarred on every other playlist where they belong.
* The tables on the library remember the last position of their scrollbars
during the session.
* Double clicking on a playlist name starts editing the playlist name.
* Fixes bug where downloading an individual file in a torrent wouldn’t
be marked in the search results as downloading.
* Fixes a memory leak when importing ID3 tags into a playlist.
* Fixes bug where the duration of an MP3 file wasn’t calculated correctly
by MPlayer, duration is now being calculated with Java library.
* Fixes bug where it would import torrent skipped files to iTunes.
— FrostWire Team Wed, 05 Oct 2011 13:14:11 -0500
frostwire (5.2.0) stable; urgency=high
* New Library Tab, code named “Alexandria”
* New Audio Player controls
* New controls to create and manage playlists
* Drag and drop files from Finished Downloads, Audio, File explorer
into new or existing playlists.
* New control on status bar that shows current audio file being played
with a “Send to friend” button. Clicking on the file name bring user
back to where the audio file is being played.
* Export playlists to .m3u
* Import .m3u into new or existing playlists.
* Filter files inside currently selected file type or playlist.
* Audio player can randomize playback order, or repeat playlist.
* New icons all over the application.
* Album art is displayed when an audio file is selected on a playlist.
* Album art can be scaled in real time with split pane.
* Songs on playlists can be starred, Starred songs are added to “Starred”
* Selected songs on a playlist can be deleted with the Delete key, or
on right click Delete from playlist.
* Playlists can be renamed.
* Playlists can be deleted.
* When songs that have been deleted from disk are attempted to be played
they will be highlighted in red and with an exclamation mark.
* Right clicking on any song on a playlist > Cleanup removes all songs
on a playlist that have been deleted physically from disk.
— FrostWire Team Mon, 26 Sep 2011 18:00:00 -0500