We’re happy to announce a new version of FrostWire Plus for Android. This release includes a lot of important fixes. If you have been having problems getting results from YouTube, you must download FrostWire Plus 1.8.4 right now! Also, we fixed some bugs, now you are not going to get any errors with transfers larger than 6Gb.
FrostWire 1.8.4 – NOV/09/2016
– Fixed YT search
– Improved Featured Downloads on welcome screen
– Translation updates: Italian
FrostWire 1.8.3 – NOV/04/2016
– Fixes crash that occurred on some transfers larger than 6Gb
– Fixes bug that would cause torrent connections to be choked unnecessarily
– Fixes issues with ringtone playback and management
– New jlibtorrent 188.8.131.52
– update to android ndk-r13b
– fixes bug that would fetch magnet if torrent was in the session
– inmobi 6.0.2
– fixes issue with gap between playlist list content and header
– stability and optimization improvements
What is FrostWire?
FrostWire, a BitTorrent Client & YouTube Downloader that makes it easier to search, download, play and share content from the BitTorrent network & cloud sources, all in one place.
Thanks to our jlibtorrent library, a multitude of crash reports sent by you and a lot of personal feedback loops, our developer team has managed to produce the most stable FrostWire for Android release so far.
We’ll always have crashes, but our quality has improved dramatically with the jlibtorrent library. As you can see the graphic below, during these last weeks even though we have more users using the app daily the number of crashes reported has been kept to a minimum and every day we fix the new crashes that come in.
We’ve just pushed upgrades to the frostwire-jlibtorrent API that will allow developers to extend and interact the Bittorrent protocol at a lower level through the implementation of libtorrent plugins.
Before today, a libtorrent plugin developer had to code plugins in C++ and rebuild the libtorrent library binaries for the architectures on which the plugin was meant to be used.
We think that non-bittorrent higher level abstractions (e.g. Bitcoin+Bittorrent integration) that need to occur near the core of the bittorrent protocol can be more easily coded, tested and debugged in a language like Java, without having to touch nor recompile the libtorrent libraries.
Today we’ve made available a new portion of the frostwire-jlibtorrent API that allows you to do this without all the C++ development headaches, you just focus on your plugin logic, and your code will also be available in all platforms with the same .class files.
Here’s an example of a dummy libtorrent Plugin implemented in Java using frostwire-jlibtorrent
To create a Plugin all you need to do is extend the AbstractPlugin class, whose newTorrent method will ask you to provide a TorrentPlugin interface implementation, this is meant to be a plugin instance that takes care of what happens when a torrent is added to the libtorrent session.
We provide an AbstractTorrentPlugin class for you to extend and as you do this you may or may not need to provide your own implementation of the TorrentPlugin::newPeerConnection method, which is meant to return a PeerPlugin, a plugin instance that takes care of what happens for every Peer connection, where probably most of your plugin logic will occur. We also provide an AbstractPeerPlugin implementation that you can extend.
Once you have your plugin ready to go, you can add it to the session with session.addExtension(myPlugin) and all torrents added to the session will invoke hooks that could be handled by your plugin implementations.
This new FrostWire for Android release includes the latest improvements from libtorrent to make BitTorrent downloading faster and more energy efficient than ever.
TPB, BTJunkie, KAT and Monova search sources have been fixed for much better search results.
FrostWire for Android now recognizes Bitcoin and web tipping/donation addresses on compatible .torrents
Several bugs and crashes on the music player were fixed, and the Chinese, Polish and Spanish translations of the app were updated.
Users getting the app on Google Play will know that YouTube search has been disabled in order to comply with Google Developer Rules, those users looking for a full version of the app can download “FrostWire Plus” at frostwire.com/android
FrostWire 1.5.0 – APRIL/03/2015
– Upgraded frostwire-jlibtorrent to the latest code from libtorrent.
– TPB, BTJunkie, KAT, Monova searches fixed. – Users can now donate to torrent creators, both Fiat and Bitcoin when available.
– New Bittorrent setting to enable/disable DHT connectivity.
– YouTube search disabled for Google Play distribution.
– Fixes annoying bug where user would be notified for old finished downloads.
– Fixes bug where songs that were deleted were not being cleared from playlists.
– Fixes bug where removing last song from Favorites playlist would not clear.
– Fixes bug where it would show “Play All” menu action on empty playlists.
– Fixes bug where sharing on WiFi from certain 3rd-party file explorers wouldn’t work.
– Fixes bug where file descriptors fetched by content:// uris wouldn’t have a disk path available.
– Fixes 2 crashes on music player.
– Chinese, Polish, Spanish translations update.