The picture above shows how FrostWire for Android 0.4.19 addresses a privacy issue some users and critics pointed out last week. Now when FrostWire is installed and run for the first time you will get a simple configuration screen to let you know what you’ll be sharing from the start.
On this upgrade there’s been a lot of work to make Peer Browsing a lot faster than previous versions. It also adds a few new features of the file browser and fixes some bugs our users reported last week.
Expect more updates, we follow the “release early, release often” philosophy of software development.
– UX-Upgrade: When Browsing a peer Long Pressing on it’s name shows possible actions on the peer.
– UX-Upgrade: Fresh installs ask user about nickname and what files to share from the beginning to do away with any privacy issues.
– UX-Upgrade: Set Audio file as ringtone on Long Press.
– UX-Upgrade: Set Picture as wallpaper.
– UX-Upgrade: Clicking on the connection bars brings out the Preference Menu, for users that are not familiar with Android and looking to connect.
– UX-Fix: Copying and sharing finished downloads on the Chat now links to the copy on your phone.
– Bug-fix: Fixes issue with UDP broadcasts not being received correctly.
– Bug-fix: Fixes force close when changing nickname during application startup.
– Bug-fix: Fixes issue with negative number of shared files.
– Core-Upgrade: Faster counting of Shared/Unshared files.
– Core-Upgrade: Faster Browse responses.
– Core-Upgrade: Faster startup.
– Core-Upgrade: Faster scanning of local peers.
– Core-Upgrade: Faster shutdown.
ZeroPaid: FrostWire for Android App Offers P2P to go
Download Squad: FrostWire for Android brings quick, slick P2P file sharing to your phone
3 thoughts on “New FrostWire for Android 0.4.19”
by chaging to frostwire 4.21 will i lose my music library and have to start all over
No, you’re just updating the software, your files remain intact.
i tried downloading your app on my tmobile samsung behold two phone, but it keeps telling me that it cant be installed on my phone. am i doing something wrong or does it not work on my phone?