Attention Technical writers, hackers and hardcore FrostWire enthusiasts, here’s the upcoming changelog for FrostWire 5.5.6 as we polish the last details and begin the testing process.
Update 3 (Apr 23 2013 – 10:38pm EST):
Download FrostWire 5.5.6 Release Candidate Installer for Windows
Update 2 (Apr 23rd 2013 – 9:32pm EST):
Download FrostWire 5.5.6 Release Candidate 2 Installer for Mac OSX
During the next hours we’ll be releasing Release Candidate Binaries for those of you who would like to help catch a few bugs in advance. This list is not final as we’re still closing the development cycle for this release.
Please fork-us and send your patch-branch via pull-request.
frostwire (5.5.6) stable; urgency=high
* New Feature: Includes search results from archive.org, which indexes millions of public domain and creative commons works from all over the internet.
* New Feature: playlist songs can be re-ordered with drag and drop.
* New Feature: all songs in a playlist can now be exported to a folder.
* Upgrade: Improved Unicode support for Chinese characters.
* Upgrade: mplayer update for unicode character file playback support.
* Upgrade: Search architecture upgrade for much faster search results.
* Upgrade: Considerably faster mp3,mp4 parsing in the library, creating playlists is now faster than ever.
* Upgrade: New more explicit Wi-Fi sharing icons.
* Upgrade: Updated radio station database.
* Upgrade: up to 20% faster listing of files in the Library.
* Upgrade: Video player upgrades for better experience.
* Bug fix: screen-saver no longer kicks in during video playback.
* Bug fix: UPnP Wi-Fi sharing discovery consumes 84% less CPU on
congested local networks. Fixing reported slowdowns and reducing
considerable power consumption for laptop users.
* Bug fix: X11 related error fix.
* Bug fix: Number of files being shared includes the number of torrents
* Bug fix: Library search issues related to unicode characters.
* Bug fix: Multiple null pointer exceptions and crashes fixed.
* Bug fix: Fixed rendering issue related to wrong parsing of bitrate
* Upgrade: (Developers) ant compilation scripts cleanup.
* Upgrade: (Developers) use of ‘frostwire-commons’ repository to share
common code between FrostWire for Android and Desktop projects.
— FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Mon, 22 Apr 2013 05:58:00 -0500
4 thoughts on “FrostWire 5.5.6 Changelog (UPDATE 3)”
Yes, FrostWire will work a hell of a lot better in China after this release.
Yes, you will be able to find a hell of a lot more Public Domain content faster after this release.
Yes, you better upgrade.
New link for Release Candidate 2 for MacOSX up, fixes issues on video player window behavior.