In this release we’ve made considerable upgrades to make search more reliable, even in the event of a search engine not being available due to high load, errors, or even blockage by network administrators.
We’ve done away with jDownloader libraries (thank you guys, we learned a lot from you, great project), and found more ways to optimize memory usage, hopefully you will feel the difference when searching and using the application overall as we strive to use less resources with every release.
Here’s the full changelog
frostwire (5.6.9) stable; urgency=high
* Insanely faster cloud search results.
* Significant memory optimizations on search result parsing and display.
* Removed jDownloader libraries, less complexity, lighter app.
* Cloud audio downloads are much smaller, no audio demuxing necessary from
* Cloud video DASH download support.
* Smarter playlist name suggestion algorithm takes into account ID3 tags.
* Fixes bug where new playlists wouldn’t be saved if default name was used.
— FrostWire Team Mon, 2 Dec 2013 17:49:38 -0500