Happy Music Monday! We have just released a new version of FrostWire for Windows, Mac and Linux. This update includes a new search engine: LimeTorrents, and a lot of fixes (Monova Search, issues oppening torrent files, and more).
frostwire (6.3.6) stable; urgency=high
* New Search Engine: LimeTorrents
* New jlibtorrent 188.8.131.52 (based on libtorrent 1.1.1)
* Fixes Monova search
* Fixes issues opening torrent files with extension names not in lowercase.
* Fixes upgrade bug for Ubuntu 16.04 installs w/o gdebi/software-center
* Send to friend dialog now appears on the same screen as the main
FrostWire window, and centered relative to it.
* Fixes bug in media player where share button wasn’t hidden when playback
* Support for build number based updates (not just version numbers)
— FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Fri, 16 Sep 2016 08:37:42 -0600
What is FrostWire?
FrostWire, a BitTorrent Client & YouTube Downloader that makes it easier to search, download, play and share content from the BitTorrent network & cloud sources, all in one place, announced today its new ‘preview’ and ‘play as you download’ capabilities for Android phones and tablets. The new preview feature not just enables users with a more convenient way to find and discover content, it makes downloading optional in some cases.
Get a VPN
If you want to protect your privacy while you’re browsing on the Internet, or using FrostWire, or any App, we strongly recommend you to get a VPN. VPN stands for a Virtual Private Network. It’s a service that provides you a secure encrypted connection to other computers on the internet, some VPN services also provide anonymity when connecting to servers and other computers online. If you do not connect to the internet via VPN, all information coming out of your computer, including your IP address, is open to whoever wants to access them.